Gusher: My apologies

So I had all of these grandiose plans to post something worthwhile today.  That got swallowed up because, 1) I was busy at work, and 2) my hometown EXPLODED.

I guess there was a gas leak in a downtown restaurant, which caused a massive explosion, leveling a couple of buildings and destroying two bars, two restaurants, an art gallery, and a chic children's boutique.  The last I'd heard, the fire is still raging, and they're letting it rage while they dig to try to turn off the gas line.  Miraculously, there is only one person unaccounted for, but if s/he was in one of the demolished buildings, there is a dim chance of finding her/him alive.

This just got me thinking about all of the bad things that have happened in the past sixteen months.  It all started spinning out of control when my father died.  Then a great aunt died, a childhood friend's grandfather (I spent a lot of time at his house when I was a kid), the founder of my father's company, two people I went to high school with, a friend's 19-year-old sister, and an ex-boyfriend's father.  Aside from this - the RECESSION (all caps because it deserves it), Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin, and now this massive explosion, which demolished half a city block in my hometown.

Is this all my fault?  Most of these bad things have been eerily connected to me - friends, family of friends, people I personally knew, my family... dying.  And now a disaster in the town I grew up in.  What gives?

Please excuse me for not posting something a little more meaningful.  It's been another hard day.  This weekend, I promise, will see a little food for thought.  I'm just kind of tired of living the definition of Murphy's Law.

0 comments:

Post a Comment