Diet: Solution? Spa day.

Have you ever had a spa day?  I've never had a full day when I get a bunch of treatments at once... the closest I've ever come is that Jon and I went and spent Memorial Day weekend at the W downtown just for fun, and the morning after I had a massage and a manicure.  But after I get a facial or a massage I always feel this desire to do better for myself.  I come out full of lemon water and feeling all clean and pampered and so zen about everything.  I think it kind of points to the fact that I'm a stress-eater.  When I'm really and truly relaxed, I want salads and water and good things for myself.  When I'm stressed out, like I am most of the time, I want convenience food that I don't have to think about.

Hmm...  Insight?  How do you get that spa-day, totally relaxed and at peace with the world feeling without going to the spa?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That happens to me too.

I don't know how to do it without going to a spa though. When I see very nice houses with huge awesome bathrooms I assume the women who live there spa themselves every day. Someday, it will be me.

Tricia said...

I've never had a massage, though I always think I'll go get one when I get those pretty coupons in my mailbox. I never do though. Spa day sounds awesome though. I dunno how to tell you to get that spa feeling at home unless you just drink a bunch of lemon water and take a really hot bath. Eh...not so much.

FatGirlSlim said...

Yeah, I think I need to have an investigation... Usually when I come home from work - especially the past couple of weeks - I am so stressed out that I'm headaching like crazy and am ready to rip the doors off their hinges. So I usually comfort myself with too much food or not the right kinds of food. There HAS to be a good way to quickly de-stress and rejuvenate at home so you don't hulk out and eat your kids...

FatGirlSlim said...

Tricia - DEFINITELY go get one. When we were in Vegas in October, Jon wanted to get me a massage, and I told him I wouldn't get one unless he got one too. He didn't think he'd like it, but he came out feeling WONDERFUL. Your first one might be a little uncomfortable, because it's weird getting naked in front of a stranger, but you just have to figure with all of the nasty, disgusting people out there with weird skin disorders and amputations and smelly pits and whatnot... you're definitely not the worst the masseuse has seen! That's what I always tell myself, at least. But anyway, save up the $100, and go get one. You will come out feeling AMAZING, and craving cucumbers...

Pheonix said...

Awesome insight! My spa at home: Bubble Bath, latest issue of Glamour or Cosmo, light some candles, play soft music, maybe even indulge in a glass of wine, or a hot herbal tea! It's not much, but it's relatively cheap, uber relaxing, and it's a small slice of peaceful seclusion in the middle of a chaotic week in the real world!

Post a Comment