Diet: Today is the Day

Last night, I had one last hurrah with some chicken alfredo from Leona's. It was delicious, by the way. And today starts my hardcore diet. So far, it's not so bad. I'm halfway through the day, and I feel satisfied with the food I have eaten.

I've always had a problem making good choices when it comes to food. When I decided that something needs to be done, I really didn't know where to begin. So, to start off, I'm tooling my own combined plan. First, I've got an account at Weight Watchers. I'm doing it online first, because my busy schedule at the moment kind of makes meetings impossible. Maybe I'll be able to attend meetings once I'm a little more settled down into my "new" life (i.e. new apartment).

In addition, I'm actually following the SlimFast plan. The benefit here is that everything is planned. I don't trust myself to make choices at all. I need to have someone to tell me what to eat, and this tells me exactly what to put into my body. I'm going to continue for a couple of weeks in this vein until I feel a little more comfortable making my own choices, at which point I'll start fusing in my own recipes... on condition that they fit into my Weight Watchers plan, of course.

By putting the two together, I have someone telling me what to eat, while still being able to track it myself. It tells me what to do, but makes me conscious of what I am doing. Hopefully, I'll be learning what types of choices are good, and I can start to wean myself away from detailed instructions and can stretch my creativity in the kitchen again.

I weighed myself this morning before I got into the shower, before I had eaten anything. The official weight is at 244.4. I will weigh myself again on Sunday morning and see if I have made any progress. I'm hoping to see results. I've known a lot of people who have been successful on Weight Watchers, so I have high hopes for myself as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment